Sunday, 2 September 2018
My name is Mme Christine Laroche and I am thrilled to be teaching the Grade 5 and Grade 6 Immersion programs this year at St.Gabriel!
This year I will be working to help your children strengthen their understanding and use of the French language. To do so we will continue to build their vocabulary and use French in a variety of contexts and inquiries. Specifically, I will be teaching your child the following subjects:
- Arts: Drama, Dance, Visual Arts and Music
- Grade 5 Social Studies: The role of Government ; Heritage and Identity
- Grade 6 Social Studies: Communities in Canada past and present; Canada and the Global Community
- Grade 5 Sciences: Matter and energy; Conservation of Energy and Resources; Life Systems and Human Organ Systems.
- Grade 6 Sciences: Electricity; Biodiversity; Flight; Space
Children will also have the opportunity to participate in learning games as well! I firmly believe that learning a new language should be fun! I also encourage my students to use music to learn. Please look to the right of the blog to find links to songs that can be helpful in learning a variety of concepts, including verbs!! These songs are also great to help review everyday vocabulary.
At the bottom of this blog (in the white section) you will also find mainstream French songs that the children can listen to, learn and even sing along with. Learning lyrics is a fun way to practice reading!
I am looking forward to working with you this year the make your child's learning experience in French fun and effective!
Mme. Christine Laroche
Posted by Chez Mme.Christine at 13:47